Tuesday, February 14, 2006

My Feelings Got Hurt

My feelings got hurt because a man called me "Split Feather" and "Squatting Bull". Every where I went this guy would show up and yell across the room, "Hey Split Feather". I was embarrassed and belittled by his constant public harassment. With so many Euro Americans surrounding me I wasn't sure of how I should react. At first I ignored him, then I laughed at him, next I called him a "Honky", none of this seemed to work, and his barrages continued to get worse. What could I do? Should I hang my head and let him bully me? Should I take on a belligerent attitude and join in his verbal insults? Or maybe I should kill him, cut his head off and spit down his throat? Human dignity is a precious gift. We can give it away so easily by reacting to insults and accusations. I chose to keep my dignity and this man went on to embarrass himself, and lose his own dignity. I think we are seeing Islam expose itself with its reaction toward the news paper's caricature of Mohammad. My feelings get hurt everyday, but does that give me a right to threaten, kill, or destroy property. Don't you think God is big enough to take care of Himself? Your actions reveal what is in your heart.

No comments: